PythonD: 4Suite or Twisted?

Moshe Zadka m at moshez.org
Wed Jun 4 08:19:58 EDT 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, "deckerben" <bdeck at lycos.co.uk> wrote:

> Which web server software would be more appropriate for a DOS (long filename
> enabled) environment? I have seen 4suite and Twisted. Twisted seems to offer
> a lot of other networking tools (like telnet and news services) but some of
> the admin parts require GTK :-(

Um, none of Twisted requires Gtk+. There are some programs (like tkmktap)
which can enhance your experience if you are using a graphical environment,
but they're certainly not required. In particular, I almost always use
Twisted from command-line-only environments, and it works fine.
--
Moshe Zadka -- http://moshez.org/
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.