Accented cahrs in PythonWin

Steven Taschuk staschuk at
Thu Jun 5 20:26:37 CEST 2003

Quoth Robin Munn:
> jmdeschamps <jmdeschamps at> wrote:
> > Python 2.2.2
> > PythonWin build 152
> >
> > in the interactive window:
> Huh? That should *not* have worked. You should have gotten a
> "SyntaxError: invalid token" because of having no closing quote.

I think you're responding to questions not asked, Robin.

Above is what the OP *sees in the interactive window*, even though
he has typed the final double-quote.  However, as noted later...

> > BUT pasted here as:

...when the text is copy-pasted from the interactive window into
his mail/news client, it looks like it should.

The question has to do with PythonWin's display getting screwed up
and dropping characters.

Steven Taschuk                             staschuk at
"I may be wrong but I'm positive."  -- _Friday_, Robert A. Heinlein