PIL and py2exe Issues

Anand Pillai pythonguy at Hotpop.com
Thu Jun 5 08:21:53 EDT 2003

I had faced similar problems sometime back .
What you need to do is perform a separate import
of the image plugin modules which you need in your
program before you process it using PIL.

i.e, instead of just
import Image

you need to add

import JpegImagePlugin    #for jpeg
import TgaImagePlugin     #for tga
import PngImagePlugin     #for png

You need to do this for each image plugin you need
PIL support for. (This question has been asked manytimes
in this group before, I myself have asked it a couple of
times)

You can take a look at PyWiew source code in my homepage
for details.

Regards

Anand Pillai

http://members.lycos.co.uk/anandpillai