Python IO performance?

Aahz aahz at
Sun Jun 1 18:05:12 CEST 2003

In article <m3k7c61ktg.fsf at localhost.localdomain>,
Ganesan R  <rganesan at> wrote:
>Actually, I first started script using regexps. After some tests I
>figured out that I/O itself seemed to be bottleneck :-(. I remember
>Perl using an alternative I/O library called sfio; I don't know if
>that's the standard in shipping binaries. Any way, let me do some
>digging with the python 2.3 sources. May be there's more scope for

Cool!  Patches are welcome, provided they don't compromise platform
porting.  Anything you contribute at this point (other than small, local
patches) likely won't make it into 2.3, though.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93