py2exe and dynamic service installation ?

Harald Schneider h_schneider at marketmix.com
Tue Jun 24 06:09:54 EDT 2003

> If you want this to be included in the next px2exe release,
> please upload it as a patch to the SF tracker:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=15583&atid=315583

At the moment I'm not able to run the patch on my sytem, since the
executable
which Mark has sent me has got some references to Python21.dll (I run 2.2).
But it is a good approach wich makes a flexible tool even more flexible :-)

It would be nice, if Mark could contribute this to the project. I'm not that
deep in C to modify the files myself ...

> Myself I use Wise, which can register the service itself, so I had no
> need for this. Is a separate console version and console-less version
> needed? For debugging?

Console-less only would be OK.

> Besides, I would think that eventually the best approach would be to
> rewrite PythonService.cpp (which is used by run_svc.c) in pure python
> with ctypes, but currently I have neither a need nor time for this.

I absolutely understand this!
But if you are hit someday by the urgent need to write 1.000 lines in Python
(like I do sometimes), it would be nice to see this feature ;-)

> Thomas

-- Harald