OFF TOPIC: What did Guido say?

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Wed Jun 25 05:47:57 EDT 2003

Roel Vanhout wrote:
> He says, in Dutch, literally translated: I am Guido van Rossum and I
> imitate Woody Woodpecker (and then makes the Woody sound). The
> background to this is that there was a program on Dutch television, 10
> or more years ago, that was about cartoons and there was a part where
> kids (between something like 4 and 8 years old) could imitate their
> favourite cartoon character. They usually introduced themselves by
> saying their name, who they were imitating, and then did the imitation.

Another part is that the imitations were often bad; he is parodying it
by making a sound that may resemble Woody Woodpacker in some distant way :)

> It was very popular at the time - even after hearing the 1000th bad
> imitation of Donald Duck, there was something to it. It was something of
> a running joke at the time to imitate cartoon characters, usually
> introduced by saying one's name, to make the connection with the tv
> program. Can't remember what the program was called though, anyone?

I don't know.

Another one in a way more difficult language:

hee de her linus torvalds oh ja utallar linux linux ;)

:)

yours,
Gerrit.

--
135. If a man be taken prisoner in war and there be no sustenance in
his house and his wife go to another house and bear children; and if later