Re/Unresolved bug?

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Mon Jun 30 16:48:56 EDT 2003

Quoth John Machin:
  [...]
> With the above code in a file called fugly.py, here are some perhaps
> illuminating results from the Win32 2.2.3 Python:

Thanks for the report.  I see much the same when the code is
compiled in other contexts (e.g., compile() raises a SystemError).
The crash in 2.2.2 only occurs when the code is run as a script.

I located the problem yesterday, submitted a patch for it this
morning, and entirely forgot my intention to post a note about it
to this thread.  :(  Here it is:
    <http://www.python.org/sf/763201>
(The patch also addresses two other bugs I noticed while working
out how I wanted to fix the original one.)

--
Steven Taschuk             "[W]e must be very careful when we give advice
staschuk at telusplanet.net    to younger people: sometimes they follow it!"