cgi getlist() problem (my first python program)

Gobo Borz goboborz at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 10:44:23 EDT 2003

John J. Lee wrote:

> eval??  I must be misunderstanding what your problem is.  You do
> realise that variable names in a program don't have to match the names
> you put in your markup, right?

I had no problem writing the html using either method - name1, name2,
etc, or using the same name.  It's in getting the values that was
causing a me problem. In getfirst('fieldname') or getlist('fieldname'),
the 'fieldname' does have to match the name in markup. I see now that it
would be easy to construct that name dynamically during iteration. Thanks!

> Why *would* you expect to find an example that exactly matches your
> particular problem?

The problem I was having is a general problem that would exist (at
least, for me) in any multi-row html form - a common thing to do with
html.  I didn't even present my particlular problem - I changed the
field names to something general - my actual form is not a phone list at
all - it didn't want to clutter the issue with a vertical industry
example. :)

Again, thanks for the help! -Greg