Why python

Kyle Yancey kyle at lakeofburningfire.org
Sat Jun 7 15:22:27 EDT 2003

A few suggestions.

Does your friend like OOP.  Show him a perl object.Then show him a
python object.

Show him how perl packages can be spread across several files.  Then
show him how python packages are in either one file or neat directory
groupings.

Show him what "hello + 5 doesn't equal.

Show him how perl functions flatten any list passed through to them.
Named arguments

Show him what perl has to do to work with references.  Then show him
how python has references builitin.