Detect hung apps spawned from python

David Stubbs david at
Mon Jun 2 14:55:39 CEST 2003

I have a python app that builds a list of all subdirectories from the
current directory, and then in turn runs a '' script from within each
of these directories. I currently do this using os.system(). Is there any
easy way of detecting apps that crashed, and terminating them if so? Ideally
being able to set a time-out to wait for the application to finish would be

I think I could do it using CreateProcess, but, well, it just seems like
overkill and that there'll be a much simpler method somewhere.