Newbie: "compiling" scrips (?)

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Wed Jun 25 06:34:25 EDT 2003

Thomas Weber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just started to play around with python, I like the syntax quite
> a lot...
>
> But I have some problems to execute my scripts (in Linux, bash) that I
> wrote in an editor.

Which problem? Do you get a traceback from Python?

> Is there a way to compile the scripts into binary form like
> like in C: 'gcc source.c -o binary'

No, Python is interpreted. There are some tools that make it appear like
it where not, but these are only useful for distributing scripts to
people that don't have Python installed.

> Sorry, if this was a silly question...

The question wasn't silly, you just didn't describe the problem
extensive enough :-)

servus,

-- Gerhard