Is Python lightweight?

Rene Pijlman at
Sat Jun 7 18:28:04 CEST 2003

>Maybe I should re-format my question. What tool should I use to
>measure the memory usage?  On Windows XP, I have tried Performance
>Monitor, and it doesn't have anything obvious to me.

Ctrl-Alt-Del / Task manager / Processes / View / Select columns.

I suggest to look add the following columns:
- Mem usage
- VM size
- handles
- threads
- I/O Reads
- I/O Writes

Some of these fields are somewhat explained in the online help.

In Performance Monitor you need to do Right mouse / Add
counters, select "Performance object" and then memory etc. Its
actually quite powerful (try some other performance objects).

René Pijlman