Recommended Linux Laptops, suppliers?

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Sat Mar 8 18:38:21 EST 2003

If you don't object to Lindows (I do), they're selling an inexpensive Linux
laptop - $800! www.lindows.com

> --
>
> I have a Toshiba Tecra 720CDT that I'd like to replace, I paid an
> incredible
> amount for it years ago.. cutting edge, etc. :-(

Why not put Linux on the Tecra?

There is also the theory that if you never run the MS OS product on the
machine you buy, you can get a refund of the license fee. Don't recall all
the details, but you must have never run it or accepted the EULA or some
such nonsense.

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA