win32com: Accessing MAPIOBJECT

Joel usenet at prettyhipprogramming.com
Wed Mar 12 18:45:17 EST 2003

grante at visi.com (Grant Edwards) wrote in
news:3e6fc198$0$83879$a1866201 at newsreader.visi.com:

> In article <mailman.1047509961.29563.python-list at python.org>, Bjorn
> Pettersen wrote:
>>> From: Joel [mailto:usenet at prettyhipprogramming.com]

> The only thing I can find on Mark's site has to do with
> SpamBayes.
>
> What is an "Outlook plugin", and how does it help in fetching
> the full message headers?

He's referring to my desire to process the Outlook messages for use with
SpamBayes. Spambayes is a python based spam filter and Mark Hammond has
written a plugin for that works Outlook. Unfortunately something is
befouled with my version of Outlook.  The plugin installed ok and worked
fine until the next time I restarted Outlook.  The next time I brought up
Outlook, the plugin was gone, and I get an error when I try to restart it.
I don't think the plugin is to blame as I've had other strange happenings
with Outlook before.  I also would prefer to use something other than the
plugin simply because I can easily switch e-mail applications if I need to.

Joel