reportlab lineplots and very large numbers

Christopher N. Deckard cnd at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Mar 13 09:22:39 EST 2003

Hello,
I'm using reportlab to create a line plot of scientific data.  Some
of our data is for things like Frequency (in Hz) and can get to be
really huge numbers.  Is there a way to make the plot so that the
tick marks get printed out as exponents instead of numbers like
100000000, 200000000, etc.?  This would also apply to very small
numbers where I'd want to see 9.814e-05 instead of .00009814.

I could patch reportlab to do it, but I'd rather do it when setting
up the plot.

Thanks,
-Chris