Rudeness (was: Re: OT: Aspergers link)

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Mon Mar 17 20:43:55 EST 2003

"Eric Stechmann" <estechmann at advresp.com> wrote in message
> At 04:34 PM 3/17/03 -0500, you wrote:
> >And it appears that with the massive 21 or so lines of useless cruft that
> >makes
> >up your signature, your own signal-to-noise ratio is even less
impressive.

>          Yes, ugly, isn't it?
>
>          Much of the cruft is beyond my control.  I don't like it
>          either, but I'm stuck with it.
>
> >Carl we know: he _adds_ content.
>
>          Perhaps.  However, the "content" in this particular thread
>          seemed unnecessarily nasty and I decided to say so.
>
> >Who are you?
>
>          Who am I?  Just a lurker on the threshold.  A lurker who
>          rarely sees any reason to post, but was bothered enough
>          to do so this time.
>
>          However, I apologize for taking up bandwidth with my "cruft."
>          I should have e-mailed Mr Banks directly rather than posting
>          to the group.  That would no doubt have been better for all
>          parties concerned.  A lesson learned.
>

>          Eric Stechmann

> Eric Stechmann                  Direct:  +1 (651) 234-1217
> Domestic Feline Wrangler           Fax:  +1 (651) 490-1484
> Advanced Respiratory, Inc.       E-mail:  estechmann at advresp.com
> 1020 West County Road F            URL:  www.thevest.com
> St.Paul  MN  55126

> Information contained in this e-mail message may be legally privileged and
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s)
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If e-mailed messages include
MEDICAL RECORDS, these records ARE PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL and may be
released only upon written permission of the patient. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone at
1-800-426-4224 and delete this e-mail. Thank you!

Eric:

Normally when I reply to a post I trim the signatures from the original
poster as a courtesy to other readers. In this case I have left them intact.
Merely to underline Peter's remarks about your "signal-to-noise ratio".

I don't think anybody takes issue with your right to say what you think.
It's simply that companies like your employer, forcing you as they
apparently do to add large amounts of information (irrelevant in this
context) at the end of each post, drown your opinions in a sea of irrelevant
verbiage.

That said, I'm glad you took the trouble to reply to Peter (despite the
somewhat petulant tone :-) and didn't take your own advice. You're just as
entitled to your say as me or anyone else. And I'm sure Peter has no beef
with your reply either (right, Peter?)

regards
Register for PyCon now!            http://www.python.org/pycon/reg.html