tuning our site (was: help! advocacy resources needed fast)

Kyler Laird Kyler at news.Lairds.org
Thu Mar 27 09:23:03 EST 2003

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) writes:

>Also, I don't believe *at
>all* arguments about how Web designers need to work in
>DTML; it would interest me a great deal to try to thrash
>that out with someone who sees it differently.

Are you baiting me?  Yes, I still use DTML for forms that
I know are going to be maintained by other people.  With
enough of the right "dtml-let" statements, it's usable.

I could do just as well in Python using """ blocks.  That
would also allow me to avoid having to make a break to
Python when the functionality required gets too much.

So...I'm no longer willing to argue for DTML.  I use it
for historical reasons only.

--kyler