Getting return value of another script (resolved)

Dylan Reinhardt python at
Thu Mar 13 00:09:35 CET 2003

It's a proven fact... nothing helps you find the documentation you're
looking for than admitting to a list that you can't find it.

Just after I posted this question, I found popen3, which is exactly what I
was looking for.