MySQL : Too many connections

Thomas Weholt 2002 at weholt.org
Thu Mar 13 13:33:04 EST 2003

It's a application that scans a cdrom/dvd-rom and inserts records describing
each file found. Then I create an index of words used in filename and paths
on the media that was scanned. This process contains both inserts and
selects on allready inserted records. It's a script run once a while, not a
long-running process.

It seems as if the opened connections are not closed after the script has
finished. Why? Do I have to call close on the connections manually? This is
not done in any of the examples I've seen. In "MySQL Control Center" I see
more and more open connections listed as I run my code.

Thomas