PEP 312 - Making lambdas implicit worries me, surely it's just the name 'lambda' that is bad...

Alex Martelli aleax at
Mon Mar 3 16:31:14 CET 2003

Jack Diederich wrote:
> I'm a big functional programming fan, but most python user's aren't.
> filter() and only two dozen [very simple!] list comprehensions.

So I guess your "functional programming" enthusiasm doesn't come
from Haskell, who some consider amont the best FP languages -- as
Python got list comprehensions from Haskell, with just little
syntax-sugar changes, I'd expect LOTS of list comprehensions in
Python code written by Haskell-savvy FP fans...!-)