xml.sax.XMLReader and document encodings

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Tue Mar 4 01:33:48 CET 2003

  I'm parsing an XML document (an RDF), with code along these lines:

    import xml.sax
    class ProjectContentHandler(xml.sax.ContentHandler):
        # Various things

    h = ProjectContentHandler()
    p = xml.sax.make_parser()
    f = file('projects.rdf', 'r')

  I am interested in the encoding of the document, though.  I can't seem to
find the API which provides this functionality.  Does anyone know?

  Thanks in advance,

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their
                -- Ken Olson, President of DEC, World Future Society
                   Convention, 1977