is win api available in native python

Phil ycal at grapevine.net
Mon Mar 24 20:06:32 EST 2003

Miki Tebeka <tebeka at cs.bgu.ac.il> posted in
news:33803989.0303240746.facc13 at posting.google.com

> Hello Phil,
>> I see python has a windows api extension.  But is there something
>> available in the native python to close an open dialup connection.
>> and also to exit windows or force shutdown.  I guess I'm looking for
>> the way to load and call one of the windows dlls if possible.  I
>> would think I need to identify the os so it would only be available
>> to windows users.
>>
>> the winapi is
>> InternetAutodialHangup
>> and
>> ExitWindowsEx
> The 2'nd is supported in Mark's winapi
> (http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html)
> maybe you can ask him to add the 1'st ;-)
>
> Miki

wouldn't that be the windows api extension program I mentioned.  I
didn't want such a huge, but I'm sure useful, extension.  Also I am
trying to stick to the non os specific python.

I was hoping python would have a way to call the loadlibrary function
and whatever mac and unix equivalent would be.  More of a lowlevel os
starting point to execute dll functions.  I am not familiar with unix or
mac but it seems like an obvious need.  Not the whole api just a way to
build your own.

--
-
Phil