tal template engine in python out of zope

Troy Melhase troy at gci.net
Fri Mar 7 16:40:42 EST 2003

You don't need a separate implementation of TAL or PageTemplates -- the ones
that are distributed with Zope work outside of Zope with a little help.
Try looking thru the Zope mailing list archives for details on how to get
the PageTemplate package available on its own.  It's actually quite easy;
download Zope, unpack the archive and copy some directories around.

I have a recipe in the cookbook that explains how to use PageTemplates with
the Medusa web server (no Zope involved).  You could probably adapt the
recipe to fit your needs.  The recipe is here:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/157501

Good luck.

-troy