Can PIL be installed under Cygwin?

Andy Chase monkey at greyledge.net
Fri Mar 28 11:15:27 EST 2003

Well, this appears to be a Cygwin issue.  I downloaded and ran the
standalone Python 2.2 installer for Windows, copied the PIL files to the
appropriate directories in the new installation, and everything worked
right off the bat - moreover, 'import Image' works correctly; I don't
have to use 'from PIL import Image' as I did under Cygwin.

Still, I'd be interested to know *why* PIL won't work under Cywgin's
build of Python, if anyone happens to know. :)

-Andy