win32: exposing python scripts as .dll's

Syver Enstad syver-en+usenet at
Thu Mar 20 20:12:28 CET 2003

Now and then I need to interface with something by writing a .dll
(example: simple mapi provider, controlpanel applet, isapi
extension). It would have been nice to be able to write these .dll's
in python instead of C++.

What would be cool would be a tool that generated a dynamic link
library from a python module. As far as I can see, such a tool would
have to generate exported functions, import the python module and
dispatch function calls to their python versions. It would be kind of
like ctypes only the other way round. Is there any prior art in this

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad