embedded program questions

Mark Harrison mh at pixar.com
Wed Mar 12 23:47:34 CET 2003

newbie alert... your patience is appreciated.
Can someone loan me a clue on these questions?

1.  Is it possible to detect an error from Py_Initialize?  I basically
    want something like

        if (Py_Initialize() has an error)
            log error and restart things as necessary

2.  How can I capture errors from the PyRun_ functions?  I would
    like to something like

        if ((rc = PyRun_SimpleString("a = 10 10")) != 0) {
            processerror(rc);
        }

    but catch and report the result or error myself.
    It seems that I can call Py_CompileString, but I can't
    figure out what to do with the object returned. :-/

3.  Can I instantiate multiple interpreters in the same program?
    E.g., I have a server and I would like each client to have
    its own dedicated interpreter.

4.  Is there such as thing as Tcl's safe interpreter model?

Many TIA,
Mark

--
Mark Harrison