Vote on PEP 308: Ternary Operator

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Sun Mar 2 05:54:28 EST 2003

Raymond Hettinger schreef op zondag  2 maart om 11:31:19 +0000:
> BASICS
> ------
> Vote by email no later than Noon (EST) on Sunday, March 9, 2003.
> Use the following format:
>
>   To:       pep308vote at hotmail.com

Couldn't a real address be registered? ;)

>   Subject:  PEP308
>   From:     <valid email address>

I assume those are the e-mail headers, the rest is content?

>   Line 4:   <full name of voter>
>   Line 5:    <example 1>
>   Line 6:    <example 2>
>   Line 7:    <example 3>
>   Line 8:    <example 4>
>   Line 9:    <example 5>
>
> Every line is required.

What happens on a syntax/format error?

> CHOICES (taken from Erik Max Francis's posting of seconded choices)
(...)
> Q.  any write-in vote

What does Q mean? Can I still select a non-seconded choice?

> SAMPLE BALLOT
> -------------
> C accept  (if c: x else: y)
> D reject  c ? a : b
> H reject  c then a else b

Is c case sensitive? Above, C was capitalized, is a lowercase c
accpepted?

> If you make a mistake or change your mind, you may re-submit
> your vote and the previous vote will be thrown out.

...but am I notified if I make a format or syntax mistake?

> If there are any questions or discussion, please use the newsgroup.
> The email address listed above is only for ballots.

yours,
Gerrit.

	http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/
	http://www.sp.nl/