Silly Question

Richard Brodie R.Brodie at rl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 11 08:42:49 EST 2003

"Clint Bailey" <Photoman6x6 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e4lba.24137$y24.20074 at fe02.atl2.webusenet.com...

> I've been studying Magnus Lie Hetland's book, Practical Python, for some
> time now. For some time something has struck me. Is there such an object as
> an ARRAY in the Python language. If there are, I can't find them.

If you need them, there is the 'array' module in the standard library. However,
avoid being like the strereotypical FORTRAN program, who thinks every data
structure is a kind of array.

Posting a short example of when you might use an array might be helpful. Part of
the point of learning a new language, is that it can help you think in a different way.
Trying to take too many concepts across from one language to another is not
always helpful.