use for jython?

William Sonna wsonna at attglobal.net
Sat Mar 29 09:14:23 EST 2003

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:59:36 +0100, A Nilsson wrote:

> I am just curious: is there anyone using jython for a "real" project or
> is it just useful for quick-and-dirty java tests?
>
> Regards
> Anders Nilsson

I don't do any "real" projects, I just write scripts.  I also abstain from
Java vs. Python advocacy.  They're apples and oranges as far as I'm
concerned.

Nonetheless, I can assure you that Jython is not just a toy.  It is a
well-written superset of Python that permits access to the Java libraries
with Python syntax.

Whether it is more appropriate for Java or Python development is a question
you can only answer for yourself.