pickling generators

Paul Boehm paul at soniq.net
Sat Mar 22 08:56:42 EST 2003

hi,

we're developing a python based adventure game engine for a
fangame effort, and we'd like to use generator based lightweight threads,
to let each of our objects be scripted mostly independently of each other,
without all of the hassles of strictly event oriented coding.

our problem, however, is that we can't properly do savegames with this design,
as generator instances are not pickle- and unpickleable.

we're now looking for options, and advice, on the feasability
of getting support for this into future python versions, either by learning
how to do it, and implementing it ourselves, or by finding someone willing
to help us out.

thanks a lot,
  paul