Python Distribution for Webserver on netfirms.com

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Fri Mar 21 21:29:32 EST 2003

I have a free account on netfirms.com for my personal use,
and I'd like to run Python scripts there.  They offer CGI
access but don't have an installed Python interpreter.

netfirms.com seems to be:

    FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE-p19

according to uname -a

The problem is, they allow 25 Mb of storage but don't allow
any files over 1 Mb in size.  This kills using CGIPython
(which I have done with good results in the past).

What I need is a python interpreter which can be installed
on my netfirms.com account in pieces (as normal) but which
will not be in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.

Any suggestions?

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net