code coverage tool

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue Mar 4 07:58:02 EST 2003

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> writes:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
>
> > Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> writes:
> >
> >> Haven't tried pyCover, but I _have_ noticed the hotshot "profiler" has
> >> all the hooks one needs to use it in a simple statement-coverage mode,
> >> and it seems to have very low overhead when used that way;
> >
> > I've probably done for that in 2.3, alas.
>
> <blink> meaning that hotshot doesn't work any more in 2.3, or that
> it's become high-overhead, or...?

The overhead is probably somewhat higher because of the way line trace
events are generated in 2.3 is what I meant.  Fallout from the removal
of SET_LINENO.

I haven't actually tried it, so I might be hopelessly wrong...

Cheers,
M.

--
  : exploding like a turd
  Never had that happen to me, I have to admit.  They do that