Vote on PEP 308: Ternary Operator

Greg Ewing (using me at
Wed Mar 12 00:10:28 CET 2003

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> Vote by email no later than Noon (EST) on Sunday, March 9, 2003.
> Vote Early.  Vote Once.

I would like to have done so, but, due to circumstances
beyond my control, I was without news access during the
week following the announcement of this vote, and I only
found out about it after the deadline had passed. I
feel somewhat disenfranchised. :-(

Also, I see that this is being referred to as the
"official" vote. Does that mean Guido has officially
blessed this particular vote and given Raymond the
authority to administer it? I don't remember seeing
any announcement about that, although I may have
missed it amongst all the other PEP 308 noise...

Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,
Christchurch, New Zealand