Recommended Linux Laptops, suppliers?

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Sat Mar 8 20:23:42 EST 2003

On 8 Mar 2003 at 15:38, David LeBlanc wrote:

> If you don't object to Lindows (I do), they're selling an inexpensive Linux
> laptop - $800! www.lindows.com

Sorry, I forgot to mention .. I want a real machine ;-)

> Why not put Linux on the Tecra?

It's a P1-133 with 80 mb ram and 1GB disk, a slow disk. I have run Linux on it, but
Mozilla is incredibly slow.. I bet phoenix is slow too.

> There is also the theory that if you never run the MS OS product on the
> machine you buy, you can get a refund of the license fee. Don't recall all
> the details, but you must have never run it or accepted the EULA or some
> such nonsense.

I've heard that too, but I think that's too much hassle. I think it's time big-name vendor
sell Linux laptops!

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements