Incomparable abominations

Mike Meyer mwm at
Sun Mar 23 17:04:33 CET 2003

mertz at (David Mertz, Ph.D.) writes:

> You seemed to be answering Mike Meyer's stronger statement that the same
> *version* should always sort the same, which I agree is too strong.

I never made any claims about sorting. What I did claim was that
Python would be better off if comparisons made sense or raised
exceptions.  This does mean that sorting a list will give the same
results - but that's not the point. I don't think I've ever had a
reason to sort a heterogenous list.

Mike Meyer <mwm at>