Creating XML using Python

Thomas Guettler pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de
Sat Mar 22 08:06:57 EST 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 05:30:23 +0100, David Mitchell wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> I'm trying to find options for creating XML documents using Python.
> There's any amount of options and documentation for *consuming* XML, but
> I'm having trouble finding options for *producing* XML.  Well, I suppose
> "print" is an option...

Maybe this article helps you:

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/03/12/py-xml.html

Nevertheless, I always use "print" for creating xml.

> The DTD I'm using is still a work-in-progress, and I'd like
> to be able to perform relatively minor surgery to my code as the DTD
> changes in order to bring the XML files I'm producing in sync with the
> revised DTD.

I don't like DTD, XSchema, XSL, XSLT, XPointer, XPath. I only need a
syntax (XML) and a programming language (python).

If you need a common xml schema, because you want to exchange data,
I would write a small validate script in python which parses the xml
with sax and tests if it is correct.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de>