type function does not subtype

Lenard Lindstrom nada at nowhere.xxx
Wed Mar 26 14:35:37 EST 2003

"Lenard Lindstrom"  wrote
> Actually I was happy with your first suggestion. However in a previous
> posting someone proposed having C like static variable declarations within
> function body. Beni Cherniavsky said this would complicate things since
all
> function bodies would then have to be checked for the special code (
> messages 11 and 12 of 'PEP 309 - Built-in closure type (with tentative
> syntax proposal)' ). It seems to me __functionclass__ in the function body
> would be the same way. Having __functionclass__ in the argumet list is
fine
> with me as well. And it doesn't require a syntax change.
I  forgot about doc strings. I guess I finally got used to them. :-) They
get stripped from the function body. So putting '__functionclass__ =' right
after a doc string should not cause too much difficulty. And why not permit
a module level __functionclass__, like with __metaclass__, to keep
everything consistant?

Lenard Lindstrom
"<%s@%s.%s>" % ("len-l.", "telus", "net")