Has anyone created a simple POP3 and SMTP server using TWISTED?

Donn Cave donn at drizzle.com
Fri Mar 14 00:50:17 EST 2003

Quoth William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>:
| Zoo Keeper <candiazoo at attbi.com> wrote:
|> BeOS is my favorite OS, what can I say?  It is my preference.  I also
|> have a Mac running OS X, and I use Windows XP and HP Unix boxes at
|> work.
|>
|> But I don't know what that has to do with my original question?
|
| Well, if you have to ask this question on Usenet, then writing your own
| STMP/POP3 daemons from scratch may not be the best option for you.

Ask on comp.lang.python, has anyone implemented SMTP or POP servers
in Python?  Who's obtuse here?

| So, download Fetchmail/Sendmail/Gnu-pop3d, and compile.  Lots of details
| have been worked out in these programs over the years by many people.

Oh, right.  Sendmail wouldn't work for sure, and it's a terrible
choice for a 3 person site anyway.  Don't know about the other two,
but I'd guess very strong odds of some platform incompatibility that
would be the end for someone who only knows Python.  A simplistic
SMTP and POP3 implementation isn't a huge undertaking, might be a
fun project.

	Donn