httplib with SSL support for Python 2.1 ?

Harald Schneider h_schneider at marketmix.com
Fri Mar 21 14:11:49 EST 2003

Now it's getting interesting:

The test for SSL in xmlrpclib is OK. The prob is socket.py:

-----------------------------------
if (sys.platform.lower().startswith("win")
    or (hasattr(os, 'uname') and os.uname()[0] == "BeOS")
    or (sys.platform=="RISCOS")):

    _realsocketcall = _socket.socket

    def socket(family, type, proto=0):
        return _socketobject(_realsocketcall(family, type, proto))

    try:
        _realsslcall = _socket.ssl
    except AttributeError:
        pass # No ssl

It raises an AttributeError: socket has no attrib ssl.
Is there a version of socket.pyd with SSL support enabled out there for
Win32/Python 2.1 ?

--Harald

news:b5fnif$hd2$04$1 at news.t-online.com...