asyncore.loop As A Win32 Service

John Abel johnfabel at
Mon Mar 24 19:15:47 CET 2003

I'm writing a service, and have come across a problem with
asyncore.loop.  There doesn't seem to be a way for it to interrupted,
when the service is issued a stop.  To get round this with a similar
program using SocketServer, before executing handle_request I checked
for connections with  The way I'm thinking of doing it,
is to override asyncore.loop, set an event, launch the new asyncore.loop
in a thread, and replace the while 1 in asyncore.loop with a check for
the event.  Does that sound about the right to go about it?