BOA and non-ascii characters

Tracker anonymous at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 20 05:55:18 EST 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:46:52 +0100, Mikael Lexén
<mikael.lexen at spam.no.volvo.com> wrote:

>It's in the file site.py located in the Lib directory in your python
>installation.

That's right. I had to change it from ascii to cp1250, because I am
using central-european character set. Thus, I get no error messages
during save but... I cannot use some characters from cp1250 (maybe I
should find keyboard setting for Boa? Whre can I find it?)
I have also changed from Python 2.2 to 2.3 because I had read that cvs
versin of Boa works with python 2.3 only.
Now, the example from examples/notebook can write files correctly but
cannot read them in the same manner. Whatever I want to open, I alway
get magic characters (even if I open pure ascii files). :(