Creating XML using Python

William Sonna wsonna at attglobal.net
Sat Mar 22 08:14:05 EST 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:30:23 +1100, David Mitchell wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> I'm trying to find options for creating XML documents using Python.
> There's any amount of options and documentation for *consuming* XML, but
> I'm having trouble finding options for *producing* XML.  Well, I suppose
> "print" is an option...
>
> The problem I'm trying to solve involves collecting and collating lots
> of data from several different sources, and writing it out as one big
> XML file.  The DTD I'm using is still a work-in-progress, and I'd like
> to be able to perform relatively minor surgery to my code as the DTD
> changes in order to bring the XML files I'm producing in sync with the
> revised DTD.
>
> Any pointers to relevant info would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Dave M.

"Python & XML - Jones and Drake" is a good source. "Python Cookbook -
Martelli and Ascher" contains some info.

You can always do a google search.

What continues to confuse me is what exactly a standard Python
distribution contains and what it does not (in terms of XML).

Since my needs are quite simple, however, I'm not sure I really need to
know.