Open Source Python ODBC module for Linux?

Cameron Laird claird at
Fri Mar 14 14:41:00 CET 2003

In article < at>,
Gerhard Häring  <gh at> wrote:
>Mike S. wrote:
>> Is there an open source python odbc module in existence? [...]
>No. At least no cross-platform one. There's an unsupported 'odbc'
>module but I'd
>personally rather avoid dead code.
>If Windoze is your only concern, consider using ADO via win32com
>instead. There are also DB-API wrappers for ADO.
For completeness, I'll mention a shortcut-to-Cincinnati-
by-way-of-Rangoon possibility:  Tcl has a quite successful
(if ODBCishly slow) TclODBC <URL: >
package whose Linux manifestation is well-maintained, and
Tkinter *does* make all of Tcl accessible to Python programmers.

Cameron Laird <Cameron at>