PEP 312 - Making lambdas implicit worries me, surely it's just the name 'lambda' that is bad...

Terry Reedy tjreedy at
Tue Mar 4 14:43:42 CET 2003

"Stephen Horne" <intentionally at> wrote in message
news:pmj86v0ba8n6kguntk92hi7ka0s5oq3dn7 at
> To me, the slight difference is that because I see list
> as functional I don't expect them to have side effects. Of course it

Thanks for the explanation of how a difference of background makes a
difference of gut feeling.  To me, they are just a somewhat weird and
redundant but increasingly comfortable new syntax.  This is one issue
on which I am more of a newbie with less to unlearn ;-).