Vote on PEP 308: Ternary Operator

Raymond Hettinger vze4rx4y at verizon.net
Sun Mar 2 06:52:00 EST 2003

"Erik Max Francis"
> this doesn't give the opportunity to really express one's opinion
> of each choice ("These I'd like, these I'd tolerate, these I wouldn't
> like").

It's a simple thing.  State the top three preferences and mark whether
each should be preferred to no-change.  Guido is smart enough to
interpret the results.

If over a hundred posts weren't sufficient to express an opinion, by all
means, submit a vote in any format and I'll attach it to the results. There
is no need to leave anyone feeling angry and unheard.   After all, it is
basically an opinion survey so Guido can get a sense of how the
community is leaning.

>Someone
> else was claiming that they were going to be holding the vote up tp this
> point.

That person sufferred much negativity here and no longer has the time
or inclination, so he passed the torch to me.  Hopefully, I'll be treated
better.  I'm volunteering the time to tally the results and then Guido
will make the call.

Raymond Hettinger