GUI Toolkits(Python and XUL)

Thomas G. Willis thomas.g.willis at
Mon Mar 10 00:52:13 CET 2003

Well, I can't remeber exactly where I saw this. But a quick googling
brought this up.

Looks like Activestate has abandoned this since there download links are
dead on ASPN.

Anyone have a definitive answer for whether this has been officially
discontinued or not?

John J Lee wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Thomas G. Willis wrote:
> [...]
>>So, if I wanted to render a UI in XUL to yield all the benefits of HTML
>>in the presentation logic, but have event handlers from the DHTML DOM
>>point to/call/manipulate objects written in python, I'm S.O.L. right
>>now. Supposedly the mozilla folks are working on this or at least have
>>stated a desire to get XUL into languages other than C++ or Javascript.
> Any links on this?  Presumably this effort is related to XPCOM?
> I have been thinking a little about wiring up Mozilla's Javascript
> interpreter with Python, probably using SWIG, for web automation purposes
> (automatic execution of HTML-embedded JS from Python, with a limited DOM
> (mostly stubs), and ability to override event handlers in Python).  This
> sounds like it might possibly be relevant to that.
> John

Tom Willis

ERROR 406: file corrupt: --- reboot universe (Y/N)
ERROR 404: Universe not found.