OT: polyamory (was Re: [OT] Re: Python training time)

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Thu Mar 6 00:30:21 EST 2003

[Anna]
[Aahz]
> Yup.  For some reason, overall alt.poly is even better than c.l.py at
> resisting trolls and flamefests.  Besides, at this point I wouldn't be
> surprised if there were more poly people than Pythonistas, although I'm
> working to change that.  ;-)

Editorial note:  Guido does not officially support the attempted
extermination of any group just to increase the number of Pythonistas
relative to that group.  Or perhaps it's just the death of humans he objects
to?  Whichever, I get in trouble whenever I try it, so don't.

[Anna]
> Well yes, but how many of us poly Pythonistas are there?

Undoubtedly more than you think.  For example, Dutch people used to be shy
about posting here, until several rigorous proofs established that all
comp.lang.python posters are Dutch (notwithstanding that some posters have
suppressed memories of their true origins).  Goodness, even bots are
welcomed here!  From a bot's POV, all humans are poly -- or at least all
those who love all those who don't love themselves.

it-takes-a-bot-to-love-a-bot-ly y'rs  - tim