code coverage tool

John Roth johnroth at ameritech.net
Sun Mar 2 21:31:12 EST 2003

"Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)" <tdelaney at avaya.com> wrote in message
> From: Dave Brueck [mailto:dave at pythonapocrypha.com]

> and I want to
> exercised by the
> >
> > I'm still waiting for permission to release my coverage tool :(
> >
> > It's still incomplete, but it's faster than the other
> options I've tried
> > and collects more information.
>
> Does it work with multithreaded programs? Hope you get
> permission soon! :)

Nah - unfortunately, that's one of the major parts that's incomplete
about it :( A python coverage tool which automatically attaches to
multiple threads is a non-trivial task.

Of course, if I *do* get to release it (I'm waiting on a VP to sign
something off ...) then I could leave it to *someone else* to add the
multi-threading part ;)

Tim Delaney

The first few messages seem not to have made it to my news server.
Look on the Vaults for PyCover. It mostly does what you
want, and if it doesn't, it's easy enough to change.

John Roth