is win api available in native python

Phil ycal at grapevine.net
Tue Mar 25 20:15:05 EST 2003

Thxnks for reply David.

David Bolen <db3l at fitlinxx.com> posted in
news:uu1drs93i.fsf at fitlinxx.com

> Just to clarify, you're trying to stick to a non-OS specific routine
> in order to implement an OS-specific request?  Sounds "ambitious". :-)

yes ,especially for the lazy that's why I posted ;)

>    You could then simply execute those external utilities when you
>    needed the functionality (using for example, os.system() or
>    os.popen()).

I wrote a minimalist quit_or_hangup routine of 2k in masm.  So for this
immediate problem I will look into these os.* functions for that
purpose.

thx for rest of info.  Will keep it in mind.

BTW RASCONNENUM  structure has some size bugs,  but easily correctable,
so apparently the winapi.exe has addressed them.

Phil