Webware vs Spyce

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= gh at ghaering.de
Sun Mar 16 19:25:29 EST 2003

* Tracker <anonymous at microsoft.com> [2003-03-16 23:31 +0100]:
           ^^^^^     ^^^^

I'd stop this childish address faking. For invalid email addresses,
please use the invalid TLD, like nobody at nowhere.invalid.

> What is in your opinion the better web framework solution Webware or
> Spyce?

Such general "what is better" questions can't be answered in a
meaningful way.

> What is more powerfull?

WebWare can be run in several settings (CGI, wrapper CGI, mod_python
integration, IIS integration, etc.). Spyce is AFAIK just a templating
engine that can be run under mod_python. AFAIK it doesn't even do
session handling.

So to my knowledge, Webware is much more featureful.

> I am also looking for Python equivalent of caching the SQL queries
> like ADOdb for PHP.

I don't know about ADOdb or PHP, but isn't it some sort of database API?
The Python equivalent would then be the Python Database API
specification, for which there are many implementations for the popular
and less popular databases. See http://python.org/topics/database/

To be honest, I wouldn't how to "cache SQL queries". How would you know
you're not out of sync with the backend database?

Gerhard
mail:   gh at ghaering.de
web:    http://ghaering.de/